first second third fourth fifth first second third fourth fifth first second third fourth fifth first second third fourth fifth
R R Lalan College Arts and Scienceis one of the oldest colleges of Gujarat stateand the first college of Kachchh district.The college holds the credit to be the first higher educational institute in the district of Kachchh. It was established in 1953 with the donation of significant amount of 1.25 lac by a visionary businessman ShriRamjiRavji Lalan of Koday village near Mandvi. After its humble beginnings in temporary premises, the college got its building at its present location. The college during the years of commencement - from 1953 to 1956 - used to be at DarbarGarh in the palace campus. In 1956 the college was shifted to the new building at Mandvi road, opposite to the new palace of HE MaharaoShriMadansinghji.The building was inaugurated by Indira Gandhi.
In the massive earthquake of 2001, the building was severely damaged but the campus remained the hub of rehabilitation activities in the area. The present building of the college was raised in 2005 with funds from UGC and the state government.
Initially with a few subjects of languages and social studies, the college imparted much to the society. After 1960 Chemistry and Physics were introduced, while Geology was introduced in 1988. Now the college offers 14 subjects in Arts and Science faculties.